GREEN LAKE CALVARY CHURCH HISTORY
In the early 1950’s people from Moline Berean Interdenominational Church had a burden for the salvation of children in the area. Many kids transported were from the Green Lake area. Recognizing the need at Green Lake, seven families made plans to start a church there. The founding families were as follows: Henry & Harriett Bredeweg; Neil & Myrtle Bultman; Ben & Doreen Knoper; Don & Ilene McMillian; Milo & Marie Willyard; Iva Winger; Milford & Hattie Winger. The group began meeting on Sunday evenings in a roller rink located on West Shore Drive. Great encouragement from the first pastor as well as help from many who volunteered their labor, made a dream become reality. On October 16, 1955, the Green Lake Calvary Church building was dedicated to the Lord.